The Witte Museum is located a little north of downtown San Antonio and is adjacent to Brackenridge Park (itself an experience to be treasured). The Witte’s website has this tagline “Where Nature, Science and Culture Meet.” From my experience of The Witte, I have to say it lives up to their tagline.
The newest exhibit is “My Heart is Not Blind.” Photographer and documentarian Michael Nye’s presentation on people dealing with visual impairment. This exhibit is part of their Changing Exhibit Gallery and will be at the Witte until March 31, 2019.
Planet Pioneers is an inactive exhibit exploring extraterrestrial experience. Would you survive? Looks like a lot of fun.
Other exhibits listed on the website (linked here) are listed below.
- The Birds and the Bees: Pollinators in Nature, Science and Culture (through March 17)
- McLean Family Texas Wild Gallery
- Kittie West Nelson Ferguson People of the Pecos Gallery
- Naylor Family Dinosaur Gallery
- H-E-B Lantern Valero Great Hall Orientation Gallery
- Laura and Sam Dawson Gallery
- Acequia Madre and Diversion Dam
- Russell Hill Rogers Texas Art Gallery
- George West Trail Drivers Gallery
- Naylor Morton Research and Collections Center
- H-E-B Body Adventure
- Robert J. & Helen C. Kleberg South Texas Heritage Center